Portable vaporizers make it easy to inhale your favorite substances on the go, no matter if your choice of vape is designed to heat up dry herbs, concentrates, or oils.
But with so many options available today, what should you be looking for in a vaporizer if you want to buy one that will exceed your expectations?
If you’re on the hunt for a new vape but don’t know where to start, here are some tips on how to find a high-quality portable vaporizer for your needs.
Pay close attention to the technical specifications listed under the product.
It can be easy for vape companies to say that they offer the best portable vaporizer, but the truth is that you can generally tell upfront whether you’re going to get the quality you expect. How?
Whenever you’re looking at portable vaporizer guides, take a close look at the product’s technical specifications to see if they boast features characteristic of high-end vaporizers. Some of the key features to look out for include:
- Heat-up time: Heating is important to those who vape because it determines how fast they will be able to hit their vape. Generally, the best heat-up time is anything that falls under a minute, with those taking only a matter of seconds to heat up being the most popular.
- Heating style: Vapes have three types of heating styles: conduction, convection, and hybrid. Conduction heating relies on direct contact with the heating elements on the inside of your vape to produce vapor. Meanwhile, a convection vaporizer will use indirect heating to distribute vapor (with hybrid falling somewhere in the middle of these two). Convection is generally valued more, but it’s important that you do your research to understand how heating elements affect your portable unit and its vapor.
- Type of battery: Every vaporizer has a rechargeable battery, but more popular options will have a removable and replaceable battery for easier charging or pass-through charging capabilities so that you can use your device while you’re charging it.
- Temperature settings: The best products will have precision temperature control. However, devices should, at the least, feature pre-set temperature settings to unlock the full potential of your wax or herbs.
- Vapor quality: Vapor quality will be determined by the heating element, the internal components that make up the vapor pathway (like the heating chamber), and the quality of the materials the vape is made of. With a powerful heating element and solid materials, you can expect massive clouds of potent vapor that retain their flavor. With less power and cheap materials, vapor can contain toxins and taste terrible.
- Quality of build: The portable vaporizer you choose should be durable, well-built, and contribute to a desirable experience. If it feels plastic and looks fake, it will reveal itself as low-quality almost immediately.
- Additional Features: Some high-quality products feature accessories like Bluetooth so that you can control your app from your phone. Keep these features in mind when looking for a vape so that you get one that’s right for you.
With the right understanding of these features, you’re sure to find a high-quality vape for your needs, whether you choose a portable vape like the Pax 3 or the DaVinci IQ.
Know that, generally speaking, you get what you pay for.
The price range for a vaporizer will vary depending on the brand and the quality of the vape. However, while budget vapes are available (which is necessary given the average cost of vaping), many budget vapes fall short of users’ expectations.
If you really want a quality vape, you’ll want to invest some money into it. After all, it’s much better to pay for a vape that’s well over $100 and will last you a couple of years instead of paying for a vape under $100 that lasts less than a year and provides you with a sub-par vaping experience.
Many beginners may not know this, so it’s one of the most important items on this list to pay attention to.
Pay close attention to product reviews before you make your final purchase.
Just because a vape functions as advertised and promises a wide variety of features doesn’t mean that it’s a quality product.
No matter how compelling a product description may look, always look for individual user reviews, and see what other users have to say in the comments below the product.
If there are any issues worth noting, you’ll see these almost immediately. With your own assessment and the words of customers who have come before you, you can find the right vape.
Have any thoughts on this? Let us know down below in the comments or carry the discussion over to our Twitter or Facebook.